When it comes time to remodel their home, most homeowners choose to go with the kitchen first. It makes sense: remodeling the kitchen will get them back the most ROI should they ever decide to sell the home. And high-end kitchen remodeling does just that, but those getting ready to undertake a high-end remodel need to look at all their options so what they receive is the best possible work.
Before I talk about what’s popular with these type of protects, I want to stress that the most important thing any homeowner is to have drawings and plans ready to go. The reason being is that you and your contractor don’t want to be designing it once the kitchen is torn apart. Our firm and many others use 3-D renderings to design what the final job will look like, and this is a great tool for any remodel.
Cabinets and appliances
- Furniture or factory-finished cabinets are very popular right now, as opposed to anything that’s finished on site. Once the product is received, all that has to be done is to install it and it’s good to go!
- For those who like to bake quite a bit find a built-in double oven to be the best cooking solution. These come in a variety of combinations, like two standard ovens, standard and microwave and more.
- Many nowadays like their refrigerator to be flush with the countertops. However, this will add additional expense. If you want a countertop-depth fridge, then expect to pay an additional $500 to $2,500 because of the special compressor system need to accommodate the countertop depth.
- When looking at color options, remember to opt for combinations that provide contrast.
- Recessed LED lights, thanks to their energy efficiency, are being used in many kitchens around the country. You can expect to initially add $30 to $50 per light for the bulbs, but they will soon pay themselves back in the energy they save.
- Also popular is accent lighting. This type of lighting goes below or above the cabinetry, providing the kitchen with another nice lighting effect.
- Undercounter lighting is also big with homeowners, and options range from Xenon, fluorescent, LED, puck and more. Some undercounter lights will require the installation of a transformer, so be sure to look at all your options.
Countertops, sinks and backsplashes
- Homeowners are looking for maintenance-free countertops. Because of this, many are opting for quartz countertops, as it’s maintenance free and durable.
- For sinks, many are choosing to have an Insta Hot installed, which provides the user with instant hot water.
- Pot fillers, faucets over the stove to fill pans for boiled water, are popular as they make boiling water easier.
No matter what you choose, make sure the end result is something with which you can be happy. The kitchen is yours, so make it something that speaks to you and yours.